"Pre-Compost"isn't a new product but we've seldom sold it as is. Pre-compost is the exact same stuff that our compost is made from but we never put any labor into it. The labor we did not put into it is:
1. Water it pretty wet throughout
2. Build it into windrows about 8 ft. high x 15 ft wide and about 150 ft. long and
3. Turn those rows 6 to 8 times over the next 4-6 months as it "cooks" down eventually turning it dark brown - almost black.
The cost at that point would be generally $40.00 to $50.00 per yard. With pre-comp., you could cut your compost cost by more than 1/2. Here's how:
1. Put somewhere between 1" and 3" spread evenly over your area.
2. Rototiller it into the soil from 4" to 8" deep depending on what you're doing, like a lawn or flower bed, etc.
3. Spread Nitrogen (N) over the whole area heavier than normal and keep the area moist over the next few months.
What happens over the next several months is this:
The Nitrogen (N), moisture, the Pre-Compost and billions and billions of microbes convert the Pre-Comp and soil mixed into a tremendous softer, highly organic, nutrient rich soil for your lawn, flower beds or garden area. This works especially well for new lawns as you can do this process in early spring or Summer and then in early fall plant seed or sod the area into a real primed area for an excellent lawn well composted. All for 1/2 the cost. It just takes time.
Contact Beaver Lakes and ask how this can get you a pretty-much totally weed-free lawn, all part of this process. Imagine a lawn with no weeds from the day you plant it. Good Luck & God Bless!