Compost & Mulches
Beating the competition every year!
We have been testing our compost off and on since 1997 to ensure consistent and high quality.
Compost is King we are very proud ours:
Our compost tests out better than all of our local competitors, as well as some national brands. We test our compost every year as well as our competition to ensure the highest quality we can provide. It is made with all natural organic materials such as grass clippings, leaves, ground up wood products, etc. It is watered down then wind-rowed, aerated and turned many times during the winter months to keep the bacterial count high and action very hot (140+ degrees) to ensure pathogen destruction and rapid breakdown to a stable compost. Our compost is usually not sold until at least one and a half years old. We also screen the compost to several blends from the non-screened coarse compost to the screened medium and fine blends. Course compost makes an excellent mulch after all planting as well as to be used in gardening of flower beds as the primary soil amendment. Fine compost is truly excellent for use as a lawn top-dress for those lawns that are struggling. Compost, if you could only add one ingredient, would be the single most important ingredient to add in any soils, specially heavy clay soil.
- Veganic Compost – No Salty Manures!
- Aged for Years! Not Months.
- Wind Rowed and Turned all winter for active microbial population.
- No Weed Seeds! Thermal Composting kills the weeds.
Compost Makes An Excellent Mulch
Compost tilled into the soil will improve it in numerous ways. It can also be used as a decorative mulch. It will keep the sun and wind off the soil as an insulation. This both retains moisture, and keeps the soils temperature more consistent. If that wasn’t enough, it also feeds the plants every time water passes through on its way down. The fine particles in compost tend to work their way down into the soil and slowly improve soil structure and tilth. Compost being chocolate brown is an excellent background to make your flower colors really pop! In our opinion, it is a better choice than bark, cedar, or other decorative mulches. The small nutritious fines in the compost help meld with the larger pieces and keep it from blowing somewhat. Lastly, compost is usually less expensive than other decorative mulches….and we recommend you try it. We think you will find it a wonderful addition to all your yard and gardening needs.
NutrientMulch is a versatile and nutrient rich compost/mulch which can be used in two ways.
- As a Mulch: 1″-3″ deep where it will look outstanding, retard weeds, retain moisture, insulates soil from wide temperature swings, feeds the plant with each watering, encourages earthworms and being chocolate brown, it makes the plants, shrubs and flowers colors “POP” against its chocolate dark color.
- As a Compost: NutrientMulch also works very well as a compost when tilled into the soil 6″ to 8″ deep. It adds a lot of new organic matter into the soil right into the Rhizosphere (root zone) where it’s needed most, also increases soils tilth (softness), adds many varieties of beneficial soil microbes and Fulvic and Humic Acids. This is an excellent product for large tree back fill projects (feeds the trees for both short and long term).
NutrientMulch is a combination of Compost (over 95%), 0•12•0 High Phos. Bat Guano, 8•3•1 High Nitro Bat Guano, Feather Meal 12•0•0 and an OMRI Listed Organic Fertilizer at 5•3•2.
As A Mulch: Lay it down 1″ to 3″ deep and water in.
As a Compost: Lay down 2″ deep and till into the soil 6″ to 8″ deep and water in.
|2 cu. ft. bag||$7.95|
|Bulk quantities available by the yard||$55.00/yd|
CastingsComp is a rich yet mellow slow release Compost/Mulch.
- As a Mulch: CastingsComp (lying on top of garden rows, container plants, flower beds, etc.) looks great and is chocolate brown so the plants colors “POP” against its dark color. As a mulch, it retards weeds, retains moisture, insulates soil from wide temperature swings, feeds plants daily slowly, encourages earthworms, looks great and more.
- As a Compost: CastingsComp can be tilled into the soil 6″ to 8″ where it works wonders in the Rhizosphere (root zone) in numerous ways – Creating soil tilth, adding lots of organic matter, also adding lots of beneficial soil microbes and Humic and Fulvic Acids and more.
CastingsComp is a combination of Compost 67%, Worm Castings 33%, 0•12•0 (high Phos. Bat Guano), 8•3•1 (high nitro Bat Guano), Feather Meal 12•0•0 and a 5•3•2 OMRI Listed Organic Fertilizer.
As a Mulch: Lay it down 1″ to 3″ deep and water it in.
As a Compost: Lay down a 2″ deep layer and till into the soil 6″ to 8″ deep and water it in.
|2 cu. ft. bag||$20.95|
|Bulk quantities available by the yard||$290.00/yd|
Ask our team today about our different varieties of compost. Let us help you breathe life into your landscape.
|1.) Compost 1st Year, Unscreened||$36.00/yd|
|2.) Compost 1st Year, Screened||$39.00/yd|
|3.) Compost 2nd Year, Fine||$45.00/yd|
|4.) Compost 2nd Year,
Very Fine Topdress
|5.) Earth Worm Castings –
God’s Gift to Soil
|6.) NutrientMulch||$7.95 (2 cu. ft bag) or $49.00/yd|
|7.) CastingsComp||$20.95 (2 cu. ft bag)|
|1.) Dyed Red Mulch||$-|
|2.) Natural Brown||$25.00|
|3.) Playground Mix||$28.00|
|4.) Course Chocolate Brown||$32.00|
|5.) Med Compost||$36.00|
|6.) Fine Compost||$39.00|
|7.) Very Fine Compost||$45.00|
|8.) Nutrient Mulch||$49.00|
|9.) Red Cedar||$60.00|